Friday, August 31, 2012

Visualizing your change management goals

coferance

PICTURE: Helge V. Keitel, Conference (2004)

I didn't actually say those words out loud; I just approached the building and was walking up the stairs to the conference room. 

Five minutes later, I was facing one hundred people or so people sitting in the  community center meeting room. Start speaking about Change Management!

My task was to speak about “Ymmärrystä yrittämiseen” – understanding entrepreneurship.  I was trapped with the idea of change management. Starting a new company was all about doing things in a different  way.

It took me a few minutes to work up my nerve before I finally got to the essentials. Speaking about start-ups, open innovation and change management was more difficult than doing the same things in real life.

Several years later: I’m struggling with the delicate task of moving real-life experiences and public presentations to Internet and Social Media.

I want to do it My Way! And I’m still facing the same challenges as any start-up.

No comments: