Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Off Madison Ave | Phoenix Advertising Agency, Arizona Public Relations Firms

Off Madison Ave | Phoenix Advertising Agency, Arizona Public Relations Firms: "The other evening I was driving home from work along the 202 and drove past a digital billboard with an advertisement for 98.7 FM – The Peak. The advertisement said “Now Playing: Toto”. While not a frequent listener to 98.7, nor a huge Toto fan (although, who can deny the lyrical stylings of “Africa”) I had to tune it do see if was real.

And would you believe it… the station was actually playing Toto! Now I realize this is nothing new or revolutionary in terms of technological advances; I guess I was just genuinely excited to see the connection between two mediums and the fact that this made me change my current course of action. And isn’t this really good marketing at its finest and simplest form. Keep the message simple and concise: “We’re playing Toto”. And then deliver…and play Toto. Genius."

Helge: Learned about this through Twitter. So digital billboards are showing the real thing in real time!

No comments: