Thursday, March 13, 2008

Richard Watson’s Weblog about Learning

Richard Watson’s Weblog: "When I’m working in the role of a trainer, I spend a lot of time sitting on planes, eating bad airport food, and trying to avoid catching bugs spread by fellow passengers. On the flip side, I’ve also discovered it gives me a lot of time to read.

Helge: How about distance training and lecturing? What are the possibilities in the future? How much more bandwidth is needed to feed large screens and support quality voice over Internet?

On a recent trip to New York, I had the opportunity to read Michael Allen’s Guide to e-Learning. The book discusses why e-learning is often of poor quality and why we need to break the cycle in today’s corporations which have accepted, as Michael Allen puts it, “lackluster training products.”

Helge: How about doing it as an interactive performance?

According to Allen, “Projects should often be reduced in scope so that real interactivity–meaningful, memorable interactivity–can take place to demonstrate its power.” I’ll talk about that in a later post, but for now, I want to focus on one section of the book that caught my attention: Storyboarding"

Helge: Allen also speaks about Interactivity...


No comments: