Friday, October 19, 2007

Sebastian Waters · Portfolio

Sebastian Waters · Portfolio: "I was born on July 1st, 1985 and grew up in Krefeld, Germany. In April 2007 I moved to Berlin to start my studies in design at a private university of applied sciences.

I love making collages and mixed-media stuff with snippets and cutouts from magazines and newspapers, using acryl-colors and a gluestick to put them together in my gluebooks. I get my inspiration from daily life and my experiences with other people.

These works are the modern neo-dadaism. Apart from my studies at the Berliner Technische Kunsthochschule and writing those textes I really like taking photos with my two medium format cameras. To me this means saving memories in pictures.


I began shooting medium format in 2005 with a Daci Royal, a box camera from the 50s. A year later I bought a Meopta Flexaret. Being an autodidactic person I did not want to take pictures just by instinct but to really learn the technique of the analog cameras.

On this website you will get an overview of my miscellaneous works, read something about my projects and some other stuff."


No comments: