Sunday, July 08, 2007

The number one reason I dislike Twitter - CenterNetworks - News, Reviews, Insights and Interviews

Helge: Twitter is a small application. It's like talking in the crowd. I'm not sure if everybody is listening or paying attention. Twitter is small talk. I like the service. It gives me an insight to things that happen far away from my place.

The number one reason I dislike Twitter - CenterNetworks - News, Reviews, Insights and Interviews: "The number one reason I dislike Twitter Posted by Allen Stern, July 6, 2007

In May, James Thomas noted five reasons that Twitter sucks. One of his reasons has been dealt with (the cat is dead) but the others remain.

I have watched more people use it as a business tool. Mashable uses it to post tweets of their new posts (I do sometimes as well), Jason Calacanis uses it to pimp his tool, Rafe tests things using Twitter, Marshall posts random interesting findings and Patricia uses it to let us know where the good eateries are in her area.

So what's the number 1 reason I dislike Twitter? The inability to follow a conversation. Here are three examples of what I mean:"

No comments: