Monday, April 23, 2007

Horse Power Uses Edrol 4-channel Portable Recorder


I need this link to remember what kind of portable digital recorders there are on the market. I was looking at Edirol as a possible addition to my Web 2.0 toolbox.

Horse Power Audio Podcast to become a Video Podcast

Thursday, February 22nd, 2007

Robert and I have talked about changing the Horse Power Podcast from audio to video. Currently, we record the podcast on an Edirol 4-channel portable recorder with an internal hard drive. It mixes up to four mics into one track. Yesterday, I went out and bought a Sony DCR-SR80 hard drive based video camera (I say “I,” but Twelve Horses paid for it). We also purchased a directional shotgun mic for it for better sound quality.

The camera is pretty sweet. Every time you hit record, it creates a separate MPEG-2 file on the hard drive. When you connect it to your computer, it shows up like an external hard drive. You can simply drag the clips you want from the camera to the computer. It’s very similar to shooting video on most digital still camera. Last night, I shot a 43 second clip of my kids, dragged it to my desktop, and then uploaded it directly to YouTube. What could be easier?

I've to get back to this blogger and ask for advice.

No comments: